TeleAnalysis, India’s fastest growing online media tracking the Information & Communications Technology industry, released the Customer Satisfaction Survey 2016 for the Indian smartphone industry.
The survey findings were revealed during TeleAnalysis Device World 2016 event on March 17, 2016, in New Delhi.
According to the survey, consumers having Samsung branded smartphones are the happiest as they are satisfied with the ‘overall’ offerings from the company that includes a handset, services and after-sale services.
Samsung topped the chart when respondents were asked questions like, “Would you repeat your phone brand in your next purchase?” and “How happy are you with you phone’s after sales service?”
The Korean company also ranked high in terms of having ‘best after sales service’ in TeleAnalysis Customer Satisfaction Survey 2016.
The survey also found that the Indian customers perceive the Chinese smartphone maker LeEco as the ‘most promising smartphone brand’ in the country.
In terms of budget smartphone category, almost 43% respondents feel ‘Motorola’ is the brand that ‘revolutionised’ smartphones in that category.
Among the Indian smartphone brands, Micromax emerged as the ‘most popular Indian smartphone brand in Asia,’ whereas Lava tops the list in the category ‘smartphone with least consumer complaints.’
The nation-wide survey was done taking into account the feedbacks from smartphone users in five zones –east, west, north, south and central – of the country. The sample size was over 15,000.
“The survey is like a litmus test for the smartphone brands as it captures the feedback of the customers whether their smartphone vendors are on the right track or not,” said Gyana Ranjan Swain, Co-Founder & Editor, TeleAnalysis.
“The Indian smartphone industry is very dynamic and on an average, there is a phone being launched every alternate week. So, we wanted to take consumers’ feedback on what they feel about their smartphone brands. This survey finding is also a testimony of customer’s trust in their smartphone brands and at the same time it sends a message about what the customers expect from these companies in future,” he added.
Below are the some of the survey findings:
- Smartphone Brand With Maximum Consumer Pull -Xiaomi
- Brand That Revolutionised Budget Smartphone – Motorola
- Most Innovative Aftermarket service Provider – iQor
- Brand with most happy customers – Samsung
- Brand with best aftermarket service- Samsung
- Brand with maximum Youth Connect –YU Televentures
- Most Promising Smartphone Brand – LeEco
- Most popular Indian brand in Asia – Micromax
- Smartphone With Least Consumer Complaints – Lava
- Most Aggressive Smartphone brand – Intex
- Smartphone Brand With Focus on Local Languages – Karbonn
- Tablet Brand With Maximum Consumer Pull – DataWind