Now a day’s number of people are showing interest in self-improvement and it is something which is limitless. The more you develop the more you will find the need to change yourself for the better and to develop more. So, the process is never ending, but the earlier you start with the process the more easy life would become and the more progress you would be able to make.
The process of self development starts with the process of changing our inner self. Because no matter how many books we read and how many lecture we hear, until and unless we start implementing them there is no use of all the accumulated knowledge. So, how do we go about it, let us check it out.
- First and for most things in self-improvement is that you need to overcome resistance not from anyone else but from our own self. Because all these years we have dumped ourselves with undesirable habits and routine and now when we find that there is a need to change our previous habits pull us down, which we need to overcome.
- We need to learn from our surroundings and the people we interact with. Nobody is perfect in this world and there are both negative and positive sides of everyone takes the positive traits and make a note of negative qualities, check if you have them and try to remove those qualities.
- Check your body language and pay attention to your voice modulation. Observe when and why people talk or behave in some way as they do and see the results. Observe your own self, the way you interact and what results it is yielding.
- The more you read and the more you gain knowledge the more you will grow and increase your efforts towards self development, so, make it a part of your routine to read a book on self development or autobiographies of great leaders.
- Have a role model or a mentor when you have someone to guide you progress in any path becomes easy because all you have to do is follow what they say do.
If we lead life the same way as we are used to without any progress and development life loses its meaning. So, self improvement is something we all need to think about and focus.