New Delhi: The Second lecture of “Lecture by Legend” was successfully concluded with a quote from Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Additional Director, Department of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at Jaypee Hospital, Noida. Dr. Gupta said, “Vaccination is the biggest guard. The need of the hour is Mass Vaccination Drive (MVD). Various Covid-19 vaccines have been shown 70% and 80% efficacy and effectiveness. The vaccine doesn’t protect against the infection, but against moderate or severe disease and hospitalisation.” He added that in cases where infection was reported despite vaccination, reflected milder impact and there were lesser instances of mortality among those who had taken both doses of the vaccine. He appealed everyone to get vaccinated.
The current scenario has raised the need for industry experts, especially in the medical field, to step forward and educate others over right ways to combat the global health crisis. Hence, Vidyamandir Classes Limited started series of lectures conducted by experts from the medical arena. The second session of the series was held on 16th May, 2021. It entire focus of the discussion was on guiding medical aspirants and frontline warriors about ways to defeat the deadly virus.
Scientists have anticipated that the highly contagious virus could surge back, hitting the nation with the 3rd wave in some months. Hence, the medical fraternity is already gearing up to do the ground work ranging from urging people to take precautionary measures to ensuring proper supply of basic health facilities including availability of general beds and ICU beds in hospitals, oxygen cylinders, necessary medical equipments, medicines, and medical practitioners.
During the event Dr. Sanjay Gupta highlighted following points for medical aspirants to keep in mind:
· Hard work, commitment, focus, determination is the key to achieve anything. If you have these qualities, then no one can stop you from achieving your goals.
· It is always better to do MBBS from India as the country has good medical colleges.
· If you are planning to study abroad – UK, US, Australia, New Zealand are among the best options as the courses are taught in English.
· It is very important to do Post Graduation (PG) after MBBS. The PG course for medical specialisation includes MD, MS, PG Diploma, and DNB.
· Medicine is such a vast field of study that it is advisable to do PG.
Besides, here are some suggested tips to follow while attending a virtual class:
· Correct posture is important.
· Make sure you have proper back-up support is advance.
· Laptop camera should be placed at the eye level.
· Undertake lower back strengthening exercise for 10 minutes every day.
· Do spinal extension exercises. It helps in correcting body posture and provides relief from back ache.
· Stretch your body on regular intervals.
Dr. Gupta advised students to be true to themselves and their goals. He said, “Realise importance of your guru, who accounts for 20% of your success. And the rest of 80% depends on your hard-work, discipline, dedication, focus and commitment. It is advisable to take mock tests and make short notes as they will help you in analysing level of your understanding of the concept. 11th grade is the right time to focus on NEET. Students, who want to clear medical entrance exam in their first or few attempts, should get serious about preparation from 9th grade onwards”.
Mr. Saurabh Kumar, National Director Academics, Vidyamandir Classes, who hosted the event, focused his discussion around two topics – “Understanding ongoing situation triggered by Covid 19” and “Discussing career prospects in Medicine”.
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Brij Mohan, Founder, Vidyamandir Classes, added, “As we know at present the load on healthcare system is very high. Due to sharp rise in number of cases, we are facing shortage of basic medical facilities like ICU Beds, ventilators, oxygen, etc. The aim of this “Lecture by Legend” series is to bring to the limelight the techniques, which we can practice in our new normal lives and fight back the pandemic. Under this series we interact with experts from the medical field, with an aim to not only help students in gathering understanding of the field, but also to aid our frontline warriors in fighting against this lethal virus”.