Mumbai: Thomas Cook India, India’s leading integrated travel services company and its Group company, SOTC Travel, have introduced exclusive luxury cruise holidays to the polar extremes of the Arctic and Antarctic. Targeted at India’s discerning travellers, the cruises have been designed to offer spectacular landscapes and unparalleled experiences to ensure a journey of a life time.
Travelling away from crowds – to destinations renowned for natural beauty while indulging in immersive experiences – has emerged as a key trend during the COVID-19 era. To tap into this growing demand, Thomas Cook India and SOTC Travel have introduced cruise holidays to Arctic and Antarctica offering breath-taking natural vistas, majestic wildlife, awe-inspiring and relatively untouched terrain with a glimpse into the lives of local cultures living in extreme environments.
Each sailing offers a bucket list of un-matched experiences such as: crossing the Drake Passage and the Antarctic Convergence, a glimpse of the bustling penguin colonies in South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, a visit to the home of the majestic Polar Bear in Watkins Fjord, etc. On board the Thomas Cook India and SOTC Arctic and Antarctic cruise holidays, customers are offered a luxurious experience on the Ponant Cruise or the MV Sea Spirit: a range of delectable international cuisines, entertainment and live shows, sports and leisure activities, spas, scenic views from the comfort of their own private balcony, among others. In addition, customers can opt for exciting activities from kayaking, camping, hiking or polar region photography.
Antarctic Peninsula (14 Days)
- 2 Nights stay at the Buenos Aires Marriott or similar
- 1 Night at the Arakur Hotel in Ushuaia – the stunning gateway to the 7th Continent
- 10 Nights on board the Luxury Expedition Ship: Sea Spirit
- Stay in Deluxe Suites with Balcony. Exciting encounters with whales, penguins and other marine wildlife using a fleet of Zodiac crafts
- Free upgrade to Premium Suite on booking before January 31, 2021*
Arctic Cruise (17 Days)
- 2 Nights stay at the Novotel Tour Eiffel, Paris or similar
- 14 Nights on board the Ultra Luxury Ponant Cruise
- Stay in Prestige Staterooms with Balcony
- Experience the magnificent landscape of Greenland
- Unlimited Alcoholic & Non Alcoholic Beverages on board the cruise
- Visiting traditional villages and meeting the Inuit people, indulge in activities such as hiking, visit to the lava caves in Jan Mayen, etc.
- Sail along the Prins Christian Sund, a narrow, 100-km long passage that winds its way through cliffs and glaciers
- Flight from Paris – Longyearbeyn (Svalbard)
- Flight from Kanergerlussuaq (Greenland) to Paris
Mr. Rajeev Kale, President & Country Head – Holidays, MICE, Visa, Thomas Cook (India) Ltd. said, “The COVID lockdown period has resulted in an unprecedented surge in demand for bucket list destinations – away from crowds and combined with immersive experiences. Keeping this in mind, we are delighted to introduce luxury cruises to Arctic and Antarctica, targeted at India’s discerning HNI-UHNI segment. Given that sailing the majestic seas of the Arctic and Antarctic regions are available only for a few months each year, this exclusive product has been launched well in advance – to enable our customers avail of special early bird discounts to avail of a once in a lifetime holiday experience.”
Mr. Daniel D’souza, President & Country Head, Leisure, SOTC Travel said, “Luxury travel market offers a significant growth potential with Indian travellers increasingly looking for exclusive and indulgent experiences. To cater to this set of expectations and preferences from the rising wave of luxury consumers, SOTC has introduced unique cruise voyages across Antarctica, Arctic & Greenland curated for those who seek the thrill of unchartered landscapes and unexplored destinations. At an attractive pricing, our Arctic & Antarctica cruises offer exceptional experiences to delight India’s discerning luxury travellers.”
Assured Insured Secured
To ensure health and safety of customers, Thomas Cook India and SOTC have put together a holistic three pronged customer confidence-building program in the form of the Assured-Insured-Secured Program that covers every aspect of physical safety as well as mental and financial security to give the customer complete peace of mind. The companies have launched several meaningful initiatives: a Doctor on Call 24×7 service in partnership with Apollo Clinics; India’s first Safe Holiday Helpline, a free service offering expert guidance & assistance for safe holiday planning, visa assistance, country specific updates, on-ground health and safety measures, health certification, etc. and seamless COVID-negative certification services via our tie up with ICMR accredited labs.