L4o.in, a high-quality Edtech platform in vernacular (regional languages) ensuring employability and enabling learners to become job-ready in the global world, has raised an undisclosed seed funding. The round was led by IAN, with participation from other angel investors including Pawan Kumar Garg, Umesh Prasad, Mrinal Didige, Mohiddin Shaik, Charan Babu, and Aman Manoj Tekriwal.
L4o.in, Jaipur-based, is raising funds for further development of its cutting-edge tech product, courses and expand into newer markets.
The journey of L4o.in began when a young graduate approached one of the founders, Kamal Kant Gupta, for a favour to get him placed through Kamal’s network. After a conversation for 45 minutes, the founder realized that there are existing problems in terms of employability in India.
When he dug further, Kamal found out that most people aspire to get a government job because it provides job security. However, the selection ratio is not more than 1.5% including all government and bank exams. So effectively, the other 98.5 % of candidates don’t succeed.
He further realized the unavailability of platforms that offer high-quality content in vernacular or regional languages to upskill graduates. This is when Kamal reached out to Rahil Sheikh who had been working in the education space with a mission to remove barriers to quality education. Together, they launched L4o.in in January 2021 to address these pain points. They believe education should be outcome-based, and as a result, students need continuous upskilling.
Currently, the Edtech platform is solving the problem of unemployment among young graduates, who despite having college degrees, need reskilling and upskilling to qualify for newer positions in the global job market. It is offering high-quality content and training in regional languages, thereby ensuring a 100% job guarantee.
The platform is already offering content and training in Hindi (Hinglish) specific regions of India. These include Rajasthan, UP, MP, Uttarakhand, NCR, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, and Chandigarh.
Speaking on the development, Kamal Kant Gupta, Co-Founder of L4o.in said, “Young graduates, who are preparing for government exams and bank exams, are not skilled enough to get a job. There is another problem, almost all the Edtech platforms provide content in English language and no platform is focusing on vernacular space. So, our vision is to eradicate these gaps as a reason for large-scale unemployment. We believe that education should be outcome-based and that’s what we aim to build through our platform. We are offering high-quality courses in every Indian language possible and skilling graduates, with a 100% job guarantee. At L4o.in, we are creating an ecosystem which will ensure that everyone can earn their livelihood in this global economy.
We are thankful to have received the funding from IAN and other marquee investors and are looking forward to developing more cutting-edge products and courses soon.”
Further adding, Pradeep Jai Singh, Lead Investor at IAN said, “Employability is a very big challenge amongst tier-2/3 and rural youth in India. That, however, presents a major opportunity and Learn4o is aiming to position itself in this exciting space. We are delighted to support this venture with a great team of founders and strongly believe that they will create significant impact in creating millions of jobs in small town India.”
Going forward, the Edtech platform will expand to other regions of India and include more regional languages on its platform, thereby substantially improving graduate employability.L4o.in