The objective of “Swachhata Pakhwada” is to instill a sense of responsibility for cleanliness among individuals and organizations across the country. It aligns with the broader mission of promoting environmental consciousness and hygiene, ultimately contributing to a healthier society.
The campaign was officially inaugurated by Shri Siva Subramanian Ramann, Chairman & Managing Director of SIDBI, who administered the Swachhata pledge to SIDBI officers at the Head Office, Regional Offices, and Branch Offices. This inaugural event set the tone for the fortnight-long activities dedicated to cleanliness and hygiene.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Siva Subramanian Ramann, CMD, SIDBI expressed, “In our pursuit of economic growth and development, let us never forget the fundamental importance of cleanliness and hygiene. ‘Swachhata Pakhwada’ is not just a campaign; it’s a pledge to create a cleaner, healthier, and more conscious India. Together, we can make a significant difference in our environment and society.”
One notable event during the campaign was the “Thank you SafaiMitra” initiative, conducted by Shri Sanjay Jain, Chief General Manager of the Mumbai Office. This effort aimed to acknowledge and honor the hard work of Safai Mitra and facility staff who tirelessly maintain workplace cleanliness.
Each day of the campaign is dedicated to a specific theme or subject, with activities designed to spread the message of “Swachhata.” These activities include cleaning beaches, residential areas, school and college surroundings, bus stands, and more.
Some highlights of the upcoming events during “Swachhata Pakhwada” include:
- September 27th, 2023: Rangoli making competition across all SIDBI offices to raise awareness about cleanliness.
- September 28th, 2023: Professor Luke Mendes’s speech from 11am to 12pm on the topic of “Swachhata Hi Seva.”
- September 29th, 2023: Promotion of the “Swachhata Hi Sewa” campaign on SIDBI’s official social media handles to raise public awareness about cleanliness.
- September 30th, 2023: A cleanliness campaign within and around office premises, including desks, floors, lawn areas, and more.
- October 1st, 2023: “Swachhata Diwas Celebration” in major locations across India, featuring cleaning activities in beaches, under bridges, public and private areas, residential neighborhoods, school and college surroundings, and bus stands. Additionally, Regional Offices and Zonal Offices in nine cities will identify suitable locations for their cleanliness drives. Short videos featuring Branch officials sharing their experiences during “Swachhata Pakhwada 2023/Swachhata Hi Sewa” will be shared on social media to inspire the public to maintain cleanliness.
- On October 2nd, 2023, the “Swachhata Walkathon” will be coordinated at the Mumbai Office from 9am to 10am. Moreover, drawing and painting competitions on topics like “GOBARdhan – Biogas/CBG/CNG plants” and “Clean and Green India” will be organized for children of SIDBI employees at local offices and Head Offices. The felicitation of participants will take place from 11am to 1pm at SIDBI’s Head Office, Regional Offices, and Branch Offices.
SIDBI encourages everyone to participate actively in “Swachhata Pakhwada” and contribute to the noble cause of a cleaner and greener India.