Hyderabad, 21 September 2021 – InnovatED, the nine-month incubator from Teach For India for supporting entrepreneurs looking to build impactful organizations has announced its Cohort for 2021. Teach For India’s Alumni early-stage education entrepreneurs looking to take their innovations from the promising impactful stage to a sustainable organizational stage. The incubator program provides a host of resources for the Alumni entrepreneurs –
- Teach For India supports it’s alums to incubate ideas that will impact ed equity
- Cohort of 9-10 entrepreneurs each year
- From 2017-2019, Teach For India has incubated and helped launch 40 entrepreneurs
- Teach For India supports the entrepreneurs with funding, dedicated coaches, innovation boot camps, a peer-led community of support, access to the larger ecosystem and knowledge frameworks on organisation-building.
- InnovatED guides the entrepreneurs through the building blocks of organizational development and entrepreneurial self-growth – Leadership and decision making, financial management, process orientation, relationship building, employee and customer-centricity, problem-area expertise, communication and storytelling.
These 9 entrepreneurs span Teach For India’s 2012 to 2018 Fellowship cohorts and are based in 14 urban and rural regions, representing ideas ranging from science experimentation to school leadership, from education in remote geographies for out-of-school children to social-emotional learning, and from building local leadership to higher-secondary education.
Over the last few years, InnovatED has supported 30+ early-stage education entrepreneurs working across ed-aspects like School transformation to 21st-century skills, Sports and Arts and Early-childhood education to Parent leadership. Fostering an interconnected community of educational entrepreneurs whose collective impact on India’s education landscape will eliminate in-equity in the long run, is one of our primary goals. Alongside, we also believe in nurturing a culture of innovation in our Fellows and Alumni and InnovatED aims to help accelerate these innovations“ – Payoshni Saraf, Director – Alumni Impact, Teach For India.