12, August 2023: Filmfare, the most definitive entertainment media brand in India, is gearing up for the 4th edition of the Filmfare OTT Awards. Honoring the very best in the world of Indian OTT entertainment, the coveted award platform is calling OTT Platforms & Production Houses to submit entries. OTT Platforms and Production houses can submit their entries for Hindi web original series and films released between August 01, 2022, and July 31, 2023. The opportunity to submit entries is currently open, and the deadline for submissions is September 15, 2023. This year, the awards is expanding the ceremony by introducing technical categories for the OTT films section, acknowledging the behind-the-scenes brilliance that enhances the storytelling experience.
Mr. Deepak Lamba, CEO of Worldwide Media Pvt Ltd., said, “We are thrilled to announce the 4th Filmfare OTT Awards. The Indian OTT industry is setting new benchmarks of creativity, with extraordinary narratives. These Awards are a testament to the transformative power of original content creation and streaming platforms, which have revolutionised the entertainment landscape on multiple fronts”
As the OTT landscape continues to evolve, the Filmfare OTT Awards continue to recognize and celebrate the creative geniuses behind the most compelling stories and performances from the world of OTT entertainment. In the last edition, Filmfare has recognized some of the most outstanding performances from the OTT space, some of which include ‘Rocket Boys’ for Best Series to ‘Tabbar’ for Best Series (Critics) ‘Gullak Season 3’ for Best Comedy Series/Specials, and ‘Dasvi’ as the Best Film (Web Original). The awards proudly acknowledged actors like Jameel Khan, Pawan Malhotra, Geetanjali Kulkarni, Raveena Tandon, Abhishek Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu, Jitendra Kumar, and Mithila Palkar for their remarkable and true-to-life portrayals.
The Filmfare OTT Awards 2023 promises to be a celebration of excellence in Indian web original series and films, recognizing the best of storytelling and talent in the ever-evolving space of OTT entertainment.
The categories open for entries are:
- Best Series
- Best Director, Series
- Best Actor, Series (Male): Comedy
- Best Actor, Series (Male): Drama
- Best Actor, Series (Female): Comedy
- Best Actor, Series (Female): Drama
- Best Supporting Actor, Series (Male): Comedy
- Best Supporting Actor, Series (Male): Drama
- Best Supporting Actor, Series (Female): Comedy
- Best Supporting Actor, Series (Female): Drama
- Best Original Story, Series
- Best Comedy (Series/Specials)
- Best (Non-Fiction) Original (Series/Special)
- Best Film, Web Original
- Best Director, Web Original Film
- Best Actor, Web Original Film (Male)
- Best Actor, Web Original Film (Female)
- Best Supporting Actor, Web Original Film (Male)
- Best Supporting Actor, Web Original Film (Female)
- Best Dialogue, Series
- Best Original Screenplay, Series
- Best Adapted Screenplay, Series
- Best Cinematographer, Series
- Best Production Design, Series
- Best Editing, Series
- Best Costume Design, Series
- Best Background Music, Series
- Best Original Soundtrack, Series
- Best VFX (Series)
- Best Sound Design (Series)
- Best Dialogue (Web Original Film)
- Best Original Screenplay (Web Original Film)
- Best Cinematographer (Web Original Film)
- Best Production Design, (Web Original Film)
- Best Editing (Web Original Film)
- Best Background Music (Web Original Film)
- Best Sound Design (Web Original Film)
- Best Story (Web Original Film)
Here’s a quick guide on how to send your entries for the Filmfare OTT Awards 2023:
- The Entry should be primarily created in the Hindi Language and should be deemed as an original piece of work, released on an OTT Platform between August 1, 2022, and July 31, 2023.
- A fee of Rs. 18,000 including GST would be charged for each entry that is submitted.
- The participation fee must be paid in advance, along with the entry. Participation will be considered only upon realization of the participation fee by WWM.
- All OTT platforms, as well as production houses, are welcome to send their entries.
- All entries submitted by the production house should be approved by the OTT platform on which the show is hosted.
- The responsibility of getting the entries approved by the platform completely rests with the production house.
- To access the Entry Form, visit www.filmfare.com/awards/filmfare-ott-awards-2023/
- Interested OTT platforms and production houses must submit their entries via email with the online Entry Form and Payment Reference ID on or before September 15, 2023.
- Please email the Entry Form withcomplete details and necessary attachments to email@example.com