Hyderabad/Mumbai, November 11, 2021: Union Bank of India, one of the most trusted Public-Sector Banks in the country, celebrated its 103rd Foundation Day on 11th November 2021 at The National Centre for Performing Arts (NCPA), Mumbai.
Union Bank of India has played a highly instrumental role in shaping the Banking landscape of pre and post-independence India, and it continues to drive the prosperity across the nation. Since its foundation, Union Bank of India has extended credit across a vast array of industries and sectors such as exports, agriculture, trading, infrastructure, and other specific business categories. Bank’s operations are spread across India, with a client base of over 120 million customers.
Shri Rajkiran Rai G., Managing Director & CEO, Union Bank of India said, “We are proud to be celebrating the momentous occasion of 103rd Foundation Day. Despite the challenges put forward by the pandemic, we have adopted new innovations, while keeping our core beliefs intact. Customer service is utmost important to us and to continue to serve the customers better, we are transforming for the India of tomorrow.”
Union Bank of India launched following 6 products to commemorate the occasion:
- Union Virtual Connect – UVConn: Your Bank is just a “Hi” away. Union Bank Customers can now avail facilities like Enquiry & Services, Auxiliary Services, and Account Settings by just typing “Hi” on WhatsApp to 9666606060. Enjoy Banking in a safe and secure manner. WhatsApp Banking allows customers to avail services like account balance, mini statem ent, cheque book request, grievance redressal, resetting M-Pin and T-Pin, etc.
- Union DigiConnect Branches– DigiConnect are truly Digital Branches wherein customers can avail banking facilities based on his/her convenience by using self-service method. With all digital operations there is no need for paperwork or to wait in a queue and the customer request can be processed with a TAT of less than 10 minutes. These outlets are open beyond regular banking hours, thus making it easy for the customer to avail banking facilities at any time
- Multilingual Finacle: Taking a step ahead by bringing a wide array of Banking Services to the common man in their own language, the Bank launched its Multilingual application in Finacle, providing On-The-Fly Translation of Display, Print, and Banking Documents. The multilingual application is in 13 Major Indian Languages – Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Konkani, Tamil, Telegu, Punjabi, Malayalam, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese, Gujarati, Urdu, and English.
- Union Green Deposit: Union Green Deposit is a Term Deposit scheme, for individual customers’ investments towards environmental greenery project. Green Deposit will be available to open through UMobile application for a minimum of Rs. 50,000 and up to less than Rs. 200 lakh. Funds from Green Deposits shall be used to invest in environmentally beneficial projects and Green initiatives such as Electric Vehicle Loan, Roof Top Solar loans, and other renewable energy projects proposed by Union Bank of India.
- Union Roof Top Solar Scheme: Union Roof Top Solar Scheme supports its existing and new home loan borrowers. Union Rooftop Solar Scheme- is a contribution towards a greener world. The Bank will be serving Loans to customers for the installation of grid-connected rooftop solar systems to the individual households under the residential sector. With attractive offers, affordable interest rates, and margins up to 10 Lac Rupees.
- Union Green Mile: Union Bank of India is undertaking critical steps to boost adoption of Electronic Vehicles in India through its Union Green Mile for purchase of Electric Vehicles by offering a Front incentive and establishing necessary charging infrastructure for electrical vehicles. Thereby, integrating Environmental, Social, and Governance framework criteria into actionable business and investment decisions as an Environment -friendly bank. The loan can be availed by individuals for personal use or by companies for professional use. With attractive offers- the rate of interest is lowest at 6.95% p.a. with zero processing charges. There is no maximum limit for new electric 4-wheeler, whereas for 2 wheelers the limit is Rupees 10 lakhs.